Sunday, May 16, 2010


Well, I’ve come to a very peaceful and delightful place in my journey: My sister-in-law’s home in Ogden, Utah. The rigors of the road have worn me out well in preparation for this respite of the body, heart, and spirit. For instance, our first evening together, we plopped on her couch bed and watched TV, enjoying my favorite snack: her poetry, of which I ate every word. The next day, I finally opened my art box and sat down to paint, my artist gears grinding and creaking into motion like an ancient grist mill. My first painting of this journey is almost done!

Three days of splendor, rest, deep conversation, food from the garden, food for the soul, laughter, bits of wisdom, joy, deep breathing, sharing the best parts of our lives: Motherhood, and now it’s time to get myself back on the journey. A little wiser, a little more connected to self, and deeply grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo