Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 11, 2010

It got so cold last night that my memory-foam mattress hardened like a park bench. It snowed and rained and hailed all night, and the Motherload rocked most agreeably in the wind. I slept like a cradled baby and never noticed the hardened mattress until I nearly bruised the backs of my legs climbing out of bed!

Today was such a sweet, relaxing day at the lake. We took several walks through the campground and around the lake to bask in the saturated, ever-changing colors that played across the landscape, which included us, in shades of russet, gold, aqua. 

The multi-hued clouds seemed to “FWAP” across the lake, like laundry on a line, spreading out one moment, then rebunching the next. Quite dramatic!

It was too cold to BBQ so I made an even colder salad and fried up a big, fat piece of frozen cheese pizza (It's much better than microwaved). Yum, Yum! Settled down to watch “Julie and Julia” on Netflix On Demand, snuggled up with my little Jubilee under the splendid blanket my dear mother made. What bliss. Did I mention the popcorn and hot chocolate? Utter bliss! Outside, the rain pattered on my rooftop, and inside, my heart pitter-pattered with delight.

As my son Hans said, at age 2: "I can't get over this whole wide world!" I hope we never do.

Tomorrow I will leave this enchanted place and drive to another enchanted place: the home of my dear friend and now sister-by-marriage: Annette, extraordinary artist and all-around good egg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo