Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010

The sun came out today and I was able to get my bearings from the “clouds of imbecility” that descended over me yesterday. I drove an easy 100 miles today on the open, empty interstate 90 E, out of Wyoming to Spearfish, South Dakota. Well, not THAT easy: I was plagued by drowsiness the whole time, but able to mark the beauty of the land I trance-drove through. Pulled over about 6 times for jumping jacks and stretches. I pulled into the first campground I could find along the way: KOA. It’s lovely. Plenty of lush grass and a tiny creek for Jubie to pluck sticks from, squealing the whole time.  I ate a yummy and late Mexican lunch and fell into torporous splendor. After a long nap, we took a 5-mile walk. It’s now 9pm and I’m just waking up. UH OH. Bio-rhythms have run amok! 

2 comments:

  1. I read these every day Jane, they are usually the last thing I do before I go to sleep. I feel as if you are taking me along with you on this grand adventure;the outside world of America and the inner world of Jane. I love how you write, clean, easy to read, I can see the visuals and you don't pull punches;no Hallmark card here. I can feel your heights and your lows and it makes it so real. Thank you for doing this trip; I bet you are taking alot of other people with you besides me.
    About to go walk the fearsome threesome on our favorite route around Bald Hill. Dear Coz bravely hops along with his gimpiness n his legs and I think of you each time I go with so much love and gratitude.
    Cant wait for tomorrows chapter.
    All Love,Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely concur with Miss Linda, and Linda, you are right, I'm riding right along with my darling sister in her great adventure, wishing every minute I could be there to revel (and bemoan) with her. It's practically killing me to not be there.

    Rrab my darling, what shall we say about this part of our history? Will we say "What does this or that remind you of?" Perhaps so. But only because of this diary! Thank you so much for sharing your inner journey outside in this "Whole Wide World" . ILYTAP

    ReplyDelete

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo