Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010


Well, the rain just never stopped! I seriously considered evacuation measures, in case of flash flooding! Apparently, I was the only concerned citizen, though. Jubie and I “hit the trail” early this morning, hoping to anchor in a new good habit: start early, end early. We headed east through vast, undulating landscape. The clouds were very low, making for blurry lines between Heaven and Earth. In the Motherload, I pushed on, like a child weaseling between the covers: a green patchwork quilt beneath a grey silk duvet. Then the duvet began to smother us! We drove for 3 white-knuckle hours through a heavy downpour, hail, wind and dense fog, simultaneously, to gain 66 miles! When we finally reached the town of Gillette, I felt disoriented and raw-nerved. Jubie slept the entire time in peace, mostly on her back. I now consider myself the UBER-WHIMP. When I can’t run to Mama, I run to Motel! So now I’m sitting in comfort with my hand-delivered pepperoni pizza and cheap wine, hand-dipping my salad morsels into dressing because delivery did not include a fork. I know at some point I’m going to have to toughen up, to protect my wallet and extend my journey. But COME ON! Today was not the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo