Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 1, 2010

After leaving my nephew's home, I drove about 200 miles east to Yuma, where my property manager's parents have a little RV spot that they offered to me for $10/night. So generous. I was sure worn out by the time I got there, and it was hot and glaring at 5pm. Anyway, there was a a lock on the gate that I just could not finesse or wrestle open, dashing my hopes of a place to stay for the night. I worked on the lock for about 15 minutes then sat by the gate and cried a tear or two, big baby that I am. finally, I figured I've GOT to be smarter than a dumb lock! Turns out I am, even if only by a slim margin. I got in and hooked up and relaxed to the sound of doves outside my windows. My spot had a quaint little brick patio, just right for grillin' and sittin' but I had no charcoals, so just did the sittin' part. It was a fenced area, so Jubilee could roam about as she wished. Her wish was to lay in my chair, so I sat on the bricks and sang little songs to the evening, which was beginning to cool quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo