Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 18, 2010


Took off this morning for a grand bike ride along the valley of the Grand Tetons. It is so stunningly magnificent to breathe the same elements that helped carve the texture of these crusty, majestic giants. There were numerous plaques of historic value dotting my journey—also a pleasure to sit and ponder the rugged spirits that “tamed” this unforgiving valley. There is a meandering bike path that follows the main road into the park, and it’s a rider’s dream. However, no dogs allowed on the path. When I stopped at the entrance station, I asked if I could “carry” my dog with me in her bike basket. The park ranger said I am the very first person to pose the question since the path’s beginning! He called headquarters to get an answer, but nobody knew, so I road along in perfect bliss. I’m wondering if there will be a comely commemorative plaque placed at the site.

1 comment:

  1. Northern Wyoming features a particularly amusing brand of beer: "Moose Drool." Not joking. Check it out! Hugs to you and Jube!

    ReplyDelete

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo