Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31, 2010

Happy Re-Birthday to Me. Today is my birthday, and I'm celebrating with a big, fat chocolate cake my mother is concocting. Ice cream optional. Today I am 55, and I'm consciously, deliberately re-birthing myself according to my own soul's divine plan. I feel deeply connected to my world and fine in tune with my divine guidance.

I'm so happy to be home for awhile, staying with my Mom, and receiving her tender care. We've had wonderful talks and enjoyed our usual goofiness together, lots of laughs, and constant amusement over our sweet little dogs. I've enjoyed the company of my sisters and look forward to lots more time with all my beloveds.

My first visit with my dear old dad: he was sleepy and struggling to awaken enough to pull in the reality of who I was. I could actually see the light of recognition. He slowly brought my scratchy hand to his lips and covered it with about 30 delicate little kisses. I will forever be both charmed and haunted by this memory. My fine, great, gentleman of a father...

I spent a few hours yesterday in the companionship of my dear friend Holly, as we walked the enchanted acres of her family's ranch, during the glowing sunset hour. Jubilee ran free and amok in the tall grasses, interrupting the ranch cows' munching process.

There is nothing more soothing to my soul than a Corvallis summer evening. The rich, warm colors of the wheat and grasses, the sky darkening to blueberry blue, the sun-rimmed clouds sputtering out the last light of the evening, the germinated breeze and the birds whirling for last-minute bug-snacks...oh what pure magic and delight!

Though I'm home for awhile, I intend to keep up with my posts, so I hope you all will continue to follow as I recount the ordinary pleasures of an ordinary life with extraordinary gratitude. I'll be reassessing and replanning the next phase of my journey.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Janie,

    Happy Birthday. I've been following your blog all this time even though I haven't been in touch. Enjoy your break--you are so lucky to have two great sisters to share so much with. I'll try to get up to Corvallis sometime before you resume your journey.

    Love,
    Cuz Pam

    ReplyDelete

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo