Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11, 2010

On the outside of me, it looks like tranquility, a placid lake. On the inside of me is a great stirring, like a geyser getting ready to release. I'm reminded of "Old Faithful" in Yellowstone Nat'l Park. The rapture-lite I spoke of in my previous blog is still with me. It is a fortunate and comforting foundation for this latent momentum that is trying to manifest. I feel like my being is just barely containing an expanding bubble of universal growth hormone, and I'm ready for the release and whatever form it takes.

I haven't updated my blog for a few days, being preoccupied with hanging around and relaxing with my wonderful and gracious friend, Marcia. We've cooked together, had our turns on the treadmill, walked the neighborhood, chatting with neighbors in their yards or sitting on their porches, gone to the movies, shopped a little, read books, read our "charts," talked endlessly...It has been the most pleasant of leisures here, and a safe haven for my internal rumblings.

The weather has been quite warm and humid for most of my stay, but has cooled off a bit today and yesterday. We've been limited in our excursions by the heat and by the Jubilee element. So I have not actually been into the "city" portion of Chicago. We've decided that I will come another time WITHOUT Jubilee, so I can roam the city by foot for days and really slurp up it's energy and get to know its distinct personality.

My eternal gratitude to Marcia.

1 comment:

  1. Janie, I loved every minute of it! You are the best guest a hostess could ask for. And so is Jubilee. That is a sweet, sweet creature. I, in turn, thank you for being here and hope that this will be your home away from home as you meander the Midwest. You are welcome back for R&R anytime the road becomes long and dusty ... or ... make up a reason! It would be my pleasure, indeed. See you again soon. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo