Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010

I was released from the RV yard this morning at 11:45, the Motherload road-worthy once again! The repair came to $170, which is not too awfully bad. While she was being repaired, I put Jubilee in the bike basket and road the back country lanes of Terre Haute, IN, in the splendid sunshine and cool morning air. At 11:50, we took up our positions as pilot and co-pilot and headed for Turkey Run State Park, about 40 miles north of Terre Haute. What a treat it was. So beautiful and clean and peaceful. Jubie and I hiked around for a couple hours (no chance we were getting lost today!), and played in the clear creek that ran beside the trail. Over thousands of years, the limestone canyon has been scoured to create huge overhangs and caves along the creek. Just right for exploring and pretending. It is so sweetly simple to become a kid again and play in the yard of Mother Nature. Isn't that so corny and so true?

I drove 200 beautiful miles today, making my way to Warsaw, IN, to stay several days on the farm of my good friend's parents. Tomorrow I promise to get some photos of this grand place, complete with picturesque pond, shady trees, wild geese, and amber waves of grain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see your post and know you have made it out of the 30th's nitemare. I emailed a strong letter to Lincoln Trail Park about your awfull adventure.Since readying all your posts the other day I've been dreaming about your trip and what beatiful deams I'm having.I'll keep looking everyday for your next adventure. Love to you both. Laura Reggy And little.

    ReplyDelete

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo