Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 20, 2010

I want to update my blog with all the news for today, but I'm so pooped out, I just can't find any words that interest me. Though it was another big driving day, it was made very pleasant by the beautiful, serene landscapes, and our little stops for playtime. No day is really complete for Jubilee without a romp in a river or creek. So I found her one at a nice county park in Fargo, where two boys were jumping and diving off a quaint bridge while their friends (including me) cheered.

I met two wonderful families yesterday, both traveling with their kids through America. One family was young, with three young daughters. They are "full-timers", meaning that they live on the road in their RV, by choice. The other family is my age, and they created this ONE LAST EVENT with their grown children before they're all married and moved away. It made my heart happy.

So, even though I drove a lot, I stopped many times to take in the sights, so the pace of the day was relaxing. When I finally found a campground, I had plenty of energy for a bike ride around the lake. Since the weather was perfect, I spent the entire evening outside. I built a perfect Boy Scout campfire and ate a simple dinner of moldy tortillas, beans, letttuce and tomatoes. (As God is my witness, tomorrow I'll plan correctly and get my dinner groceries BEFORE I get to the campground!) I plucked away on my banjo, hoping I had settled into a spot far enough away from the 3 other campers. Nobody threw eggs at me, but if they had, I would have appreciated the addition to my sparse dinner! I read my book until it grew dark, then retreated to the safety and comfort of the Motherload as the sky began flashing with lightning. Soon, raindrops thick and heavy as pancake batter began splatting on the roof. I fell into bed with the kind of extreme coziness that curled my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo