Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 25, 2010

Blog time. Not much to report today--it was a sweet, easy day! I left Butte at 11ish, and drove "uptown" to wander through all the interesting architecture. Butte was quite affluent during the late 1800's, with all the mineral mines and commerce. The architecture of the period illustrates how lavishly folks lived on the hill, overlooking a severe valley landscape.

I drove the 60 miles to Missoula, stopping a couple times to take in the sights of the beautiful Clark Fork River, which was named after William Clark. He and Meriweather Lewis decided to split up for a portion of their homeward-bound journey after having spent the winter in Fort Clatsop, Astoria. Clark Fork is a beautifully clear, clean, and sparkling river. We found a lovely spot to plunk in and swim. Jubie is beginning to act more like an otter than a dog!

I'm splurging and spending tonight in a motel room with a TV, so I can watch the season premier of Mad Men. Tomorrow I'll finish my journey through the beautiful and majestic Montana and cross the border to Idaho! The map shows my route as "National Scenic Route" almost all the way!!!! Yippee!!!

I am LOVING this journey, and amuse myself while driving by daydreaming about how and where I'll continue after spending some time at home for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Granada Depot

El Granada Depot

Blue Romeo

Blue Romeo